Sunday, October 30, 2011

Snugglicious

With three sick coworkers and two sick family members, it was inevitable that I came down with a cold this week. So I dug out the Zicam, Puffs and Vicks and prepared for the worst.
It hasn't been the worst cold I've ever had, but I ended up taking an afternoon off of work. I huddled in the basement, wrapped up in a blanket on the couch trying to ignore the aches and chills while watching reruns of 17 Kids and Counting :) but there is really nothing that makes you feel better like a puppy to snuggle with.
Winston is the newest addition to our family, taking the place of dear Abby who we lost this spring. My family lasted all of a month without a dog in the house, and so we ended up with the bundle of energy that is Winston.


He is a red, miniature poodle with a spitfire personality and enough energy to rival a two-year old. He is such a joy :) He loves to chase the tennis ball and chew on his twenty-ish other toys that we had to buy to keep him busy because he gets bored so quickly. But if you can catch him in the right mood and the right time, he absolutely looooves to snuggle! Hi ultimate goal is to end up in your lap, being petted.
Fortunately when I was home sick, he was in the right mood, and just snuggled right up against me all afternoon.

There is nothing like the warm solidarity of a dog to make you feel warm and safe and well. Their quiet breathing, their paws twitching as they dream, their warm wet nose...
I can't imagine not having a dog. I truly feel sorry for people who have not experienced the loving relationship of having a dog. I know some people just don't like them, and that's fine, but there really is no love in the world like the love of a dog.
They are most definitely a gift from our Heavenly Father, and I was especially grateful for that gift this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment