Sunday, June 19, 2011

What time is it?

Time means something completely different to Spaniards that it does to Americans. They don't follow schedules, they don't know what time it is, they just kind of meander through, taking their sweet time.....

That drives me crazy! I love schedules. I love my planner. I need a plan. I need to stick to the plan. I loooove plans! Spaniards could care less. It's not all bad though.

I love being disconnected from things. I love that most of the day I don’t know what time it is. I love that my cell phone isn’t always beeping at me. We live in a society that always has to be plugged in, connected to our electronic devices. And don’t get me wrong, I love my cell phone and the internet and television, but it’s really nice to have a break from those things. And as much as I love plans, it's nice to have a break from the harried hustle and bustle of the states. We’re always rushing to be on time (and we still end up being late) and we’re constantly worried about staying in the loop. Spain is a very different lifestyle from the US. They are much more laid back about things.

Estรก bien. It’s good.

Life in Spain is good.

1 comment:

  1. Understand the time thing in another country! It is kind of freeing! They enjoy life more and not rush rush rush like us Americans. Hope things are well excited for you! Sometimes it can be overwhelming. It is awesome you can blog! In our prayers!

    Love ya
    Aunt Amy

    ReplyDelete